If you`re looking to lease a mare from the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA), then it`s important to have a formal agreement in place to ensure that both parties are protected. This is where an AQHA mare lease agreement comes in.
What is an AQHA Mare Lease Agreement?
An AQHA mare lease agreement is a formal contract between the owner of a mare registered with the AQHA and the lessee who wishes to lease the mare. The agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the lease, including the length of the lease, the fee, and the responsibilities of both parties.
Why Use an AQHA Mare Lease Agreement?
Using an AQHA mare lease agreement provides both the owner and the lessee with a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of the lease. This ensures that there are no misunderstandings or disagreements later on. It also helps to protect both parties legally in case of any issues that may arise.
What Should be Included in an AQHA Mare Lease Agreement?
An AQHA mare lease agreement should include the following:
1. Identification of the mare: The agreement should include the mare`s registered name, AQHA registration number, and any other identifying information.
2. Length of the lease: The agreement should specify the start and end dates of the lease, including any renewal options.
3. Fee: The agreement should outline the fee that the lessee will be charged for leasing the mare and the payment schedule.
4. Condition of the mare: The agreement should state the mare`s condition at the start of the lease and any pre-existing conditions.
5. Responsibilities of the owner: The agreement should outline the owner`s responsibilities, such as maintaining the mare`s health and providing necessary vaccinations.
6. Responsibilities of the lessee: The agreement should outline the lessee`s responsibilities, such as providing a suitable environment for the mare and ensuring her well-being.
7. Prohibited activities: The agreement should state any activities that are prohibited during the lease, such as breeding the mare or using her for racing.
If you`re considering leasing an AQHA mare, it`s essential to have a formal agreement in place. An AQHA mare lease agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the lease, protecting both parties and ensuring a smooth and successful lease period. By including all the necessary information in the agreement, you can enjoy a positive leasing experience.